Monday, December 9, 2013

Bourbon Street Bayside




 BAYSIDE VILLAGE, QUEENS 

 

 My roaming adventures this week lead me to  Bourbon Street restaurant in Bayside, Queens.  

As I drove down Bell Blvd I happened to notice Mardi Gras masks and a large sign that read "Bourbon Street." I said, this looks interesting I better investigate. Now, having resided and fallen in love with Louisiana, I had to authenticate this Cajun cuisine. When I walked through the door I was greeted with a warm smile from the hostess who lead me to my seat. The interior was charming and the ambiance was casual and relaxed.  There is a full bar and large televisions excellent for watching sports.  Away from the bar were quiet dinning areas. The walls held colorful vibrant paintings of jazz musicians, Mardi Gras masks and swanky scenes of New Orleans.  Each table setting included colorful  Mardi Gras beads. The archway has an enchanting French style gate that provided a nice French Quarter “N’Awlins touch.







Now on to the food.  The bread basket came with an array of breads including honey wheat, white roll, corn bread and everything flat bread. The basket was accompanied with a sweet homemade pecan butter. It was a wonderful complement to the breads.  I also had the opportunity to taste a fresh batch of apple cinnamon butter, a holiday specialty for the season. My waitress Kim, who was quite delightful provided some marvelous suggestions to acquaint me with the menu.



The water came in the charming bottle



Everything Flat Bread


My meal commenced with BBQ Shrimp. Now this was no average bbq shrimp I have ever tasted. This dish was comprised of plump jumbo shrimp seasoned with Cajun spices in a secret cream sauce served with garlic bread.  The cream sauce was buttery, rich and creamy. It had the right balance of spice with a hint of barbeque. The shrimp was seasoned to perfection and the garlic bread was fluffy with a light crunch. I tell you this reporter had a superb time sopping up each drop of the delicious cream sauce.

BBQ Shrimp with French Bread


Next Kim recommended Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese. This hearty dish was prepared with spicy, crispy buffalo breaded chicken cutlets served on top of a mountain of penne pasta swimming in homemade buffalo butter cheese sauce topped off with large crumbles of blue cheese. D-Lish is all I could say as the flavor fusions exploded in my mouth.


Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

My meal concluded with a grand slice of homemade apple crumbled pie served with a drizzle of raspberry sauce and a heavenly scoop of vanilla ice- cream.

Homemade Apple Crumbled Pie


Other scrumptious menu items include Pulled Pork Nachos, Almond Crusted Coconut Catfish, Seafood Gumbo,  Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya and so much more. Bourbon Street offers daily dinner specials and live music. Other specials include Thursday night $1 sliders,  Monday - Friday 2 for 1 appetizers and $3.50 Apple Martinis and Cosmos. Upcoming holiday events include Brunch with Santa on Sunday, December 15 at 11:30am and Ugly Sweater Party, Wednesday, December 19th at 8:30pm. I'm looking forward to the Ugly sweater affair. Bourbon Street also serves gluten free and vegetarian dishes.




Overall, I had a delightful time. I would have enjoyed hearing some jazz and dixieland music splashed in between the sports report on television. Nevertheless, a girl can't have it all. I miss the southern comforts of Louisiana daily, however, Bourbon Street brought this reporter a little taste of home. The price was moderate, the service was great and the was food fantastic. So if you're roaming through the Bayside, Queens area and you're looking for a new food adventure, check out  Bourbon Street, where their motto is  Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez....Let the Good Time Roll!

Bourbon Street is located 4012 Bell Blvd, Bayside, NY.  http://bourbonstreetny.com/index.html





Bourbon Street on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete