The holiday season has ended, sadly. The presents have been opened, the family and friends have returned home, and although the fridge is slightly empty, there are still remnants of the holiday season lingering around the kitchen. Left over eggnog, half used cookie batter perhaps. What is one to do? That's when creativity comes into effect! So before the New Year's gym resolution goes into full effect, try out these yummy left-over treat ideas for the final holiday hurrah!
1. The Ultimate CookieMy cousins and I tried this recipe this holiday season. There was left over holiday cookie batter in the fridge. So instead of deciding the freeze the batter, we wanted to experiment. Oh what a tasty experiment it was.
To prepare this cookie we used short bread batter, chocolate chip cookie batter and a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
To make you need:
- Mini cupcake pan
- Short Bread cookie batter prepared ( or the batter of your choice)
- Chocolate chip cookie batter prepared ( or the batter of your choice)
- Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cup ( or another candy bar of your choice)
- Mini cupcake wrappers
2. Place the mini cupcake wrapper in the cupcake tin
3. Use a teaspoon to scoop in shortbread in the mini cupcake wrapper as the first layer.
4. Place the mini Reese's Peanut Butter cup in the center.
5. Scoop in the final layer of chocolate chip cookie batter.
6. Bake in oven for 12 - 15 minutes of until golden brown.
7. Cool for 5 min and enjoy the ultimate treat.
This is also great as gift for the last minute folks you forgot to add to your Christmas list. It can be a New Year gift.